Social Shoppers Spend On The Phone
Blog | Telecoms | Web + Social
Responses to a recent study by IBM indicate that consumers in Europe are increasingly turning to social networks and their mobile phones when making purchasing decisions. According to IBM‚Äôs official press release:
- 35% read product reviews or rate products through social networking platforms
- 40% buy products in-store, not online, after canvassing reviews and recommendations through social networking platforms.
- 57% become ‚Äòfans‚Äô to receive free trial-products or discount coupons
David Hogg, commerce solutions regional leader at IBM, says:
‚ÄúSocial media provides a new window through which retailers can deliver a more personal brand experience across all buying channels.‚Äù
A surprisingly high number of consumers indicated a preference for using their mobile phones to shop:
- 51% have made purchases via their mobile phone
- 67% rate being able to complete transactions via this route as ‚Äòimportant‚Äô.
- 68% rated price comparison services via their mobile phone as ‚Äòimportant/very important‚Äô
“It is clear to see that the mobile phone is no longer just a viewing screen or digital catalogue”¬†
Source: Warc News